Baillieu Architects is seeking to employ an Architectural Assistant (Part 1 or 2) to join our vibrant, expanding team. You will be working on a variety of projects in the residential, commercial, community and heritage sectors where you will gain hands on experience.
You will be required to assist with the planning and building control information, and work on early stage feasibility of projects.
You will be expected to attend project meetings and liaise with external consultants and contractors when necessary.
This role offers plenty of opportunities for growth and development, therefore a motivated, enthusiastic and proactive candidate would be ideal.
To be considered for this role you will ideally have:
- RIBA Part 1 / Part 2 qualified and have experience of working within a UK practice
- Experience using relevant CAD software e.g. Revit, AutoCAD, Vectorworks, BIM would be advantageous / using 2D, 3D, CAD packages
- Proficiency in the Photoshop and SketchUP
- Experience of Adobe InDesign and 3D rendering packages would be desirable
- Familiarity with tender packages, M&E, scope of works, schedules and specifications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently as well as within a team
- A balance of design and technical ability
- Understanding of current UK building regulations
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- A clean driving licence and access to transport due to the rural nature of our location.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
A permanent role is available with good career prospects for the right candidate. Salary will be calculated according to experience.
Please send your application to us via firstname.lastname@example.org